Fosters are always needed!
Fosters provide rescue animals with temporary or long-term housing and care while waiting to move into their forever home, thus affording the pet a comfortable lifestyle that every dog truly deserves and appreciates. Fostering provides socialization and training for the animal and gets them away from the stress of living in the shelter. This also allows the foster parent to observe the animal's behaviors to make sure that they find the best-suited home.
Qualified foster care provider commitments include:
Feeding & boarding
Behavioral training, exercise, and socialization
Attending adoption events
Transporting to/from veterinarian appointments
Providing pets with lots of TLC
Assisting in finding the perfect family match for the pet
If you are looking to foster a pet, we ask that you complete the foster application below. If you would like to adopt, please complete the Adoption Application instead. Please note that the completion of an application does not guarantee that a pet will be placed in your care. We reserve the right to refuse for any reason.
To be considered for foster, we have several requirements:
• Fosters must be 21 years of age or older.
• If you rent your home, you must provide written consent from your landlord to have a dog or cat on the premises.
• All dogs and cats in the home 6 months of age or older must be spayed or neutered.
• All pets in the home must be up to date on all vaccinations, heartworm prevention & flea/tick prevention.
• Dog fosters should have a physical fence in place so that the dog(s) will have a safe place to run and play. A home visit will be required.
Once the application is completed and submitted, we will be in touch with you after it is processed by one of our volunteers. Please allow a minimum of 3 - 5 days to hear back from us.
If you wish to print the application to complete off-line and mail, please click here for printable forms.